We were briefed to design the donor recognition programme at the new medical school in Aberdeen. Our response for the major donor acknowledgement was a triptych glass entrance-piece displaying 600 names to create an image of Matthew Hay – the medical pioneer who promoted the development of an integrated medical campus at Foresterhill in 1900.
The design for this piece inspired further donor acknowledgements throughout the building including fabric commemorative badges sewn on lecture theatre seating. We continued the colour scheme integrated throughout the building by the architects.
Client: The University of Aberdeen
Architect: Bennetts Associates
Manufacture and installation: Service Graphics